A highly absorbable source of the mineral zinc for horses providing 15% elemental zinc without additives or fillers.
Zinc is an important trace mineral for a whole host of body functions in the horses body. Zinc is usually shown as being low in forage analysis and is blocked by high levels of other competing minerals such as iron and manganese. Supplementation at high levels is often needed as deficiency is common.
Benefits of zinc for horses
- Allows protein to bind to DNA
- Influences the folding and structure of proteins
- Essential for pigment formation and antioxidant SOD function
- Supports bone building and remodeling
- Supports insulin production and release
- Supports healthy skin function
- Important support for a healthy immune system
- Important for the strength of hooves and white line
Forageplus does not advise the feeding of separate minerals unless levels have been checked through carrying out a forage analysis. The ratios of minerals are important and feeding one mineral without supplementing correct levels of another can be detrimental to horse health. If you are uncertain of mineral levels then feeding either a Forageplus Equine Balancer or carrying out analysis of forage is wise.
Contact us if you have questions you want answered we are always pleased to help.