Our Forageplus Forage First pelleted, high fibre feed balancer pellets are made with no fillers, no molasses, no cereals, no soya and no alfalfa. At last no more mixing of powders to feed the highest quality horse feed balancer with low iron and forage focused minerals and vitamins. This horse feed balancer contains under 10% combined sugar and starch content. It is safe to feed to native horses, good doer horses, ponies and donkeys prone to laminitis.
The current batch of Forage First is now a more open pellet which can be fed from your hand slowly or in a treat ball. If feeding from a bucket we advise that this product be fed damp, soaked for a short period of time or fed damp in a wet feed such as a fast soak fibre provider. Soak in two times the volume of water. Hot water will take less time but cold water will take around 2 hours of soak time if you wish the pellet to become a mash.
Our ultra-low iron, horse feed balancer pellets are formulated for superior health of skin, hooves, digestion and muscles. The formula uses data obtained from scientific analysis of many samples of forage. Our balancer pellets for horses contain only the commonly deficient nutrients as matched to both grass and hay which help to create this best balancer pellets formula for your horse which also makes reference to daily levels and ratios of nutrients required for optimum all-round health.
- Formulated to match the grass and hay your horse eats
- Convenient and healthy
- Very low sugar and starch
- Molasses, soya, cereal and alfalfa free
- Low iron
- Includes digestive support
- Suitable for all horses in maintenance and up to moderate work
- Excellent for good doers and all animals prone to laminitis
- Horses which tend to eat quickly or those with compromised teeth will need this product to be soaked.
- Soak in four times the volume of water our feed in a damp in a wet feed such as a fast soak fibre provider. Hot water will take less time but cold water will take around 8 hours of soak time for the current batch which is quite a compact pellet. If you are in any doubt always soak when feeding dry pellets.
In winter we recommend feeding alongside the horse balancer pellets an additional 42 grams per 220 kg of micronised linseed is added to provide essential omega 3.
For even better results carry out analysis of the forage your horse eats and allow us to check nutrient levels to optimise your horse’s diet and health even further.