Horse minerals are essential nutrients for optimum health and performance. They can be categorised in to two groups major and trace.
Protein, carbohydrate and fat which provide the horse with energy will be compromised without the correct horse mineral elements.
Unlike other broad spectrum feed approaches on the market, Forageplus analysis of the forage eaten allows the owner to target the specific minerals a horse needs in its unique environment.
Forageplus can formulate a feed plan for you so you can mix separate minerals into a bespoke supplement. If you don’t want to do this very bespoke approach then our range of nutritionally forage focussed balancers, formulated to cover deficiencies revealed by hundreds of analytical forage reports, is the next best thing you can do to achieve optimum nutritional support for your horse.
We are happy to advise on scientific reports of forage and suggest which feeds, horse minerals and vitamins are needed to match to the horse fed. Sometimes feeding horse vitamins and minerals as separates in addition to a horse feed balancer is enough to provide a balanced diet for equines.
Please note that Forageplus does not advise the feeding of any mineral supplement without reference to the National Research Council’s ratios and or minimum and maximum recommended levels for horses. Supplementation of separate minerals should be done with reference to forage analysis reports. Supplementing without knowing true amounts in the total diet could be dangerous so please make sure you have asked our advice before you feed separate supplements to your horse. We cannot be responsible for incorrect amounts being supplemented. If you have questions please contact us or visit our FAQs
- Bioplex Zinc (Proteinate) From: £21.50 Information
- Bioplex Copper (Proteinate) From: £20.50 Information
- Bioplex Manganese (Proteinate) From: £10.65 Information
- Calcium Carbonate (Limestone Flour) From: £5.75 Information
- Magnesium Oxide (Low Iron) 99.8% From: £17.79 Information
- Monosodium Phosphate From: £16.00 Information
- Selenium Yeast – organic form From: £15.83 Information
- Hebridean Organic Seaweed (Iodine) From: £3.10 Information