Target the exact nutrition your horse needs with scientific analysis to create a forage focussed supplement:
We provide two types of forage report:
Mineral Analysis: This is a comprehensive report covering all the major minerals and all the trace minerals and includes antagonist levels of lead, iron, aluminium, molybdenum, and sulphur. Unlike other mineral reports on the market our report also includes selenium, chloride and iodine which are critical for determining whether your horse’s diet is balanced. Our reports also record dry matter content. You can test hay, grass or haylage for mineral levels.
Nutritional Analysis: This is a comprehensive report covering the nutrient levels in your forage. It reports dry mater content, protein, estimatesd lysine content and gives levels of ADF and NDF fibre. Our reports are also unique in the UK, in that the sugar content is split into WSC (water soluble carbs), ESC (simple sugars) and starch. This is vital if the report is to be used to determine suitability for feeding to laminitis prone horses. We can carry out this analysis on both hay and haylage. We can arrange either an NIR or wet chemistry nutritional test.
Carrying out both a mineral and nutritional analysis also allows us to look at the quality and quantity of protein contained in your forage.
Minerals are essential nutrients for all animals. Without the correct mineral elements the protein, carboyhydrate and fat which provide the horse with energy are compromised. Unlike other broad spectrum feed approaches on the market, Forageplus analysis of the forage eaten allows the owner to target the specific minerals a horse needs in its unique environment. We can also test soil and water should it be appropriate.
- Hay and Haylage Corer Probe £151.75 Information
- Full Mineral Analysis – Grass £55.80 Information
- Full Mineral Analysis – Hay £55.80 Information
- Full Mineral Analysis – Haylage £55.80 Information
- Nutritional Analysis Hay – NIR £32.39 Information
- Nutritional Analysis Haylage – NIR £32.39 Information
- Feeding Plan for first horse £72.00 Information
- Feeding Plan (additional horse) £18.00 Information
- Wet Chemistry Nutritional – Hay £60.96 Information
- Wet Chemistry Analysis – Haylage £60.96 Information
- Nutritional Analysis (NIR) PLUS Nitrate Test (Wet Chemistry) £47.00 Information