This ultra-low iron, winter horse feed balancer has been formulated for superior hoof and skin health, using our own unique analytical data from the thousands of forage samples that we test.
It contains only the commonly deficient minerals, vitamins and amino acids found to be needed to help develop optimum hoof and skin health, matched to grass, hay and haylage.
Our powdered balancers are under 1% in sugar and starch combined. Free from any fillers, additives, preservatives or bulking agents.
We only use the highest purity minerals and vitamins to produce the lowest iron formulation, minimising contamination from heavy metals and ensuring maximum absorption rates.
How to feed the balancer?
All Forageplus Balancers are best carried in a high-fibre, fast soak feed or chop of your choice.
If your horse has plenty of fresh green grass available, then opting for the summer version of this balancer would be best.
“Brilliant product. Took my mare barefoot about a year ago and switched to this balancer. The change in her hooves has been incredible. Fantastic advice from Forage Plus and super speedy delivery service. Highly recommended.”— A. Morriss, Cheshire
What are the benefits?
- Healthy, structurally sound, crack and brittle-free, robust hooves.
- A strong laminae connection.
- Healthy frogs.
- Healthy skin.
- A vibrant, shiny coat colour without coat bleaching.
- Robust tendons, ligaments and joints.
- A strong immune system.
- healthy muscles
- A healthy nervous system.
- Healthy lungs and breathing.
- A well-functioning metabolic system.
- Good fertility and bone health.
- A healthy digestive system.
- Strong liver function.
Oil 5.80%, Protein 17.35% and DE 6.70 MJ/kg
|Ingredient||Quantity per 100g|
|Magnesium Oxide (low-iron)||12g|
|Phosphorous (low-iron monosodium phosphate)||5g|
|Iodine (calcium iodate)||2mg|
|Vitamin B1 (thiamine)||100mg|
|Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine)||100mg|
- A 50ml scoop contains approximately 48 grams.
- Please be aware that the above analysis for 100 grams is equivalent to elemental values fed.
- The volume feed rate (100 grams) is not the same as the elemental feed rate values (above). Therefore the above figures will not equal 100 grams.
Free from any prohibited substances as defined under Jockey Club and FEI rules.
This product is particularly useful for those unable to take forage samples for analysis, or those wishing to add further products from a base that contains no iron or manganese but optimal levels of copper, zinc and magnesium.