What is GUT-Plus for horses?
Digestive health is crucial for the happiness and performance of your horse. GUT Plus is an effective equine feed and probiotic gut balancer for horses, supporting nutrient digestibility, the health of the stomach lining and normal acid levels in all horses.
When can a gut balancer for horses be used?
A gut balancer can be used for immediate digestive support for horses. It can be used continuously or simply in times of high stress, irritation or digestive upset to restore natural gut balance. Irritable horses will often benefit from a gut supplement being added to the daily feed.
Suitable for all horses and ponies, on high cereal or forage diets for ongoing digestive tract maintenance and general wellness of the equine digestive tract.
A gut supplement is ideal for older horses, poor doers and horses and ponies that lose condition at any time of year. It may also be fed to horses or ponies at times of stressful situations such as travelling, competing, lack of appetite, loose droppings, changing yard, changing feed or needing greater natural immunity.
GUT-Plus is low in sugar and starch so can be safely fed to support hindgut microflora and gastrointestinal health of horses and ponies prone to laminitis. The large intestine and caecum are often referred to as the hindgut.
Crude Protein 12.00%, Crude Fat 16.75%, Crude Ash 16.50%, Crude Fibres 1.0%, Calcium (Ca) 6.0%, Magnesium (Mg) 1.10%.
This product has a combined ESC and starch that is under 10%.
Why should you maintain healthy digestive systems in horses?
A horse’s digestive system is unique and has evolved for many years to digest a constant supply of low-starch, fibrous feed. But domestication and modern horse management mean that horses are sometimes fed diets that the digestive system isn’t adapted to resulting in poor digestive health, excess acid and tummy trouble.
Optimum support for the digestive lining can be achieved by feeding digestive supplements with an effective prebiotic, a balanced combination of plant extracts and raw ingredients to act as digestive soothers, tackle excess stomach acid and support correct intestinal flora.
Supporting beneficial bacteria and addressing the effects of mycotoxins are also important to avoid poor condition, health and performance.
Why should you feed our gut balancer?
- Supports recovery of a vulnerable digestive fore and hindgut prone to digestive upset
- Re-establishes and maintains healthy mucosa for optimum digestive function with each application
- Contains nutritional soluble fibres to support dietary fibre and healthy intestinal function and normal acid levels
- Contains whole oatmeal – to re-establish and maintain a healthy stomach and gut mucosa
- Includes aloe vera gel extract – soothes vulnerable and delicate gastric epithelial cell lining for optimum digestion
- Contains prebiotics fructo-oligosaccharide and probiotics yea sacc and biomoss – supplying probiotic supplementation for total gastric health and the maintenance of the supportive population of bacteria
- Pectin and Lecithin – form a physical barrier between the gastric juices and the sensitive non-glandular region of the stomach to combat irritation
- Zeolite – can absorb undesirable substances and reduce the damaging effects of mycotoxins which may be present in feed such as haylage
- Acid Buff – provides a slow-release form of one of the key nutrients, calcium carbonate which has an acid buffering action superior to normal calcium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate
- Pea Protein – raises levels of essential amino acids which has a range of benefits. High levels of essential amino acids support the formation of a strong epithelial intestinal lining free from weakness.
- Contains no alfalfa meal to irritate or excite horses
- Under 10% ESC sugar and starch for sensitive good doers and laminitic horses
What is Gut Plus and how does it work?
Gut Plus is a digestive support powder acting as a gut balancer for horses with irritation from excess acid and stomach lining vulnerability. With easily digestible ingredients it is a cost-effective and successful supplementary nutritional feed product for the healthy horse.
Our gut balancer for horses also improves the efficiency of the digestive tract and creates a robust gastric lining. For the greatest nutritional benefit feed with essential vitamins and a mineral package matched to grass and hay.
The peppermint in Gut Plus makes it enticing for good-doers and poor-doers.
What are the benefits of a gut balancer?
- Our gut balancer for horses works instantly with the horse’s digestive system to help maintain and sustain a natural stomach pH for maximum effect
- Maintains healthy mucosa with each application
- Contains nutritional soluble fibres to support healthy intestinal function and fibre digestion
- Easy to administer – no waste, easy to top-dress
- Very palatable – mixed into feed concentrates, horses will eat it willingly
- Can be used in periods of both training and competition – contains no prohibited materials
- Supports healthy fore and healthy hindgut digestive support
- Supports friendly bacteria to support gastric health
- Supports a healthy appetite
- Helps maintain optimum feed efficiency and a healthy weight
- Supports happy stable behaviour, contentment whilst grooming, and a positive attitude when ridden
Forageplus has found that the protocol for feeding this product is best as feeding for a two-week period and re-assessing and either reducing the feed rate to 50% if all behaviours have gone or kept at the full rate of 40 grams per 100 kg of body weight for another 2 weeks. Do this one more time if only partial or no progress is made.
GUT Plus can be top-dressed mixed into the bucket feed or mixed into lukewarm water. Add 100 grams of GUT Plus to 500 ml of water and mix it into soaked feed (beet pellets/high fibre feed).
GUT Plus can be supplemented in periods when horses are participating in competitions, as the product does not contain any substances prohibited by the FEI or Jockey Club, and there are no undesirable secondary effects.
Storage: Please store in a cool and dry place.
Free from any prohibited substances as defined under Jockey Club and FEI rules.