Digestive health is crucial for the happiness and performance of your horse. GUT Plus is an effective equine feed and probiotic supplement supporting nutrient digestibility, the health of the stomach lining and normal acid levels in all horses.
When can a gut balancer for horses be used?
A gut balancer can be used for immediate digestive support for horses. It can be used continuously or simply in times of high stress, irritation or digestive upset to restore natural gut balance in addition to a high quality forage focused mineral and vitamin horse feed balancer. Irritable horses showing uncomfortable behaviours will often benefit from a gut balancer being added to the daily feed.
Suitable for all horses and ponies, on high cereal or forage diets for ongoing digestive tract maintenance.
A gut balancer is ideal for older horses, poor doers and horses and ponies that lose condition at any time of year. It may also be fed to horses or ponies at times of stressful situations such as travelling, competing, lack of appetite, loose droppings, changing yard, changing feed or needing greater natural immunity.
GUT-Plus is low in sugar and starch so can be safely fed to support hindgut microflora and gastrointestinal health of horses and ponies prone to laminitis.
Why should you maintain healthy digestive systems in horses?
Horses have a unique digestive system which has evolved for many years to digest a constant supply of low starch, fibrous feed. But domestication and modern horse management mean that horses are sometimes fed diets that the digestive system isn’t adapted to resulting in poor digestive health, excess acid and tummy trouble.
Optimum support for the digestive lining can be achieved by feeding digestive supplements with an effective prebiotic, a balanced combination of plant extracts and raw ingredients to act as digestive soothers, tackle excess stomach acid and support correct intestinal flora. Supporting beneficial bacteria and addressing the effects of mycotoxins are also important to avoid poor condition, health and performance.
Why should you feed our gut balancer?
- Supports recovery of a vulnerable digestive fore and hind gut prone to digestive upset
- Re-establishes and maintains healthy mucosa for optimum digestive function with each application
- Contains nutritional soluble fibres to support dietary fibre and healthy intestinal function and normal acid levels
- Contains whole oatmeal – to re-establish and maintain a healthy stomach and gut mucosa
- Includes aloe vera gel extract – soothes vulnerable and delicate gastric epithelial cell lining for optimum digestion
- Contains prebiotics fructo-oligosaccharide and probiotics yea sacc and biomoss – supplying probiotic supplement for total gastric health and the maintenance of supportive population of bacteria
- Pectin and Lecithin – form a physical barrier between the gastric juices and the sensitive non-glandular region of the stomach to combat irritation
- Zeolite – has the ability to absorb undesirable substances and reduce the damaging effects of mycotoxins which may be present in feed such as haylage
- Acid Buff – provides a slow release form of one of the key nutrients, calcium carbonate which has a acid buffering action superior to normal calcium carbonate or sodium bicarbonate
- Pea Protein – raises levels of essential amino acids which has a range of benefits. High levels of essential amino acids support the formation of a strong epithelial intestinal lining free from weakness.
- Contains no alfalfa meal to irritate or excite horses
- Under 10% ESC sugar and starch for sensitive good doers and laminitic horses
What is Gut Plus and how does it work?
Gut Plus is a digestive support powder acting as a digestive balancer for horses with irritation from excess acid and stomach lining vulnerability. With easily digestible ingredients it is a cost effective and a successful supplementary nutritional feed product for the healthy horse.
Gut Plus also improves the efficiency of the digestive tract and creates a robust gastric lining. For the greatest nutritional benefit feed with essential vitamins and a mineral package matched to grass and hay.
The peppermint in Gut Plus makes it enticing for good doers and poor doers.
What to learn more about equine gut health? click here to download our latest EBook on the microbiome.