MSM for horses, methylsulfonylmethane, is a metabolite of DMSO and is a common ingredient in joint supplements.
Recent research has found MSM interacts with enzyme systems and DNA activation involved in the normal cytokine cascade of inflammation that can be triggered by exercise and training.
This feed supplement may be of benefit in the following scenarios:
- supporting healthy detoxification processes, kidney and liver function and oxidative reactions
- supporting effective arsenic elimination
- assisting with the maintenance of normal lung function
- where increased antioxidant activity is desirable
- support homeostatic defences against cold-related oxidative stress