Topline Plus is a high-quality topline horse feed and protein supplement, containing a blend of both potato and pea protein. It is suitable for anyone looking for high-quality, cost-effective equine supplement to improve muscle development or topline maintenance.
Topline Plus is an excellent way to increase crude protein in the daily diet. At under 1% in both sugar and starch combined, Topline Plus is suitable for even the most sensitive of horses.
It can be included in the daily bucket feed for all types of horses, including those in moderate to heavy workloads, those looking to improve muscle status or those that are prone to laminitis.
The amino acid profile of this topline supplement is excellent. It is rich in ‘branched-chain amino acids (leucine, isoleucine, valine) as well as the other essential amino acids which are crucial for muscle development, muscle tone, body condition and muscle mass.
What is Horse Topline?
The term ‘topline’ is used to describe the muscles which run down the top of the horse’s neck, along the back and over the hindquarters. As true topline consists largely of muscle (as opposed to fat), the two essential ingredients are protein and an appropriate exercise regime.
Why Feed a Topline Horse Feed?
Some forages are low in available protein and a range of amino acids due to a complicated interaction between nitrogen and Sulphur levels in the soil. Many horses benefit from an increase in protein for muscle development.
Extra protein can help with poor topline but also lethargy problems and poor hoof and skin quality. Topline Plus enables you to target supplementation without including extra calories and can suppress overeating from good doer types. Your horse can therefore continue to enjoy ad-lib hay without the added di concerns that feeding more compound feed would entail.
Naturally contains 85.9% protein.
Essential Amino Acids
Histidine 2.275%, Isoleucine 4.87%, Leucine 8.22%, Lysine 6.905%, Methionine 1.35%, Phenylalanine 5.385%, Threonine 2.715%, Tryptophan 2.955%, Valine 5.615%.
Non-Essential Amino Acids
Alanine 5.09%, Arginine 7.64%, Aspartic Acid 12.149%, Cystine 0.865%, Glutamic Acid 15.385%, Glycine 4.555%, Proline 4.63%, Serine 5.64%, Tyrosine 3.756%.
Which horses will benefit from the addition of Topline Plus?
- Good doer horses on a reduced hay ratio needing a lower body condition score.
- Horses with poor top-line or body condition that need to build muscle.
- Laminitis prone horses needing a very low sugar and starch protein source due to high sugar sensitivity.
- Older horses which are struggling to maintain top line and body condition score.
- Horses that have access to low protein levels in the forage they are eating, can be determined from a nutritional and mineral analysis of hay or haylage.
- Horses on a pure winter grass diet when protein levels can be low and contribute to hoof and skin issues.
- Horses with poor hoof wall connection and or cracks. Barefoot horses in particular will benefit with stronger soles and white line connection.
- Horses on a heavy exercise program.
- Young horses on a forage-based diet needing protein for optimum growth.
- In foal or nursing mares on a forage-based diet who need high protein requirements.
Free from any prohibited substances as defined under Jockey Club and FEI rules.