Milk thistle for horses, powdered seed is rich in antioxidants and can be used to promote a healthy equine liver. Milk thistle will help to support the body’s natural regeneration of new liver cell growth and, as a result, give nutritional support for healthy hooves, healthy skin and the whole immune system.
Low levels of iron and high levels of the trace minerals copper and zinc are essential for the maintenance of a healthy liver in all horses. Typically mineral analysis of forage through scientific reports show high iron and low levels of both copper and zinc. Therefore feeding this milk thistle for horses in conjunction with a forage focused horse feed supplement will achieve the best results
Benefits of Milk Thistle for Horses
- Support healthy liver function and antioxidant processes
- Through maintenance of the liver supports healthy laminae and insulin sensitivity.
- Through maintenance of the liver supports healthy skin with strong tissue integrity
- Supports a healthy liver and skin to promote the bodies own protection against sunburn as a result of photo-sensitivity
- Maintains a healthy liver capable of coping with everyday environmental challenges.