Forageplus pea protein for horses is suitable for anyone looking for a quality powder to improve daily protein intake. The amino acid profile of pea protein is excellent – it is rich in ‘branched chain amino acids’ (leucine, isoleucine, valine) and is richer in arginine than any other commercially available protein.
Forageplus Pea Protein Powder is sourced entirely from the dried peas and is the perfect alternative for horses owners wishing to supplement extra protein to their horse and avoid other protein sources due to food allergy or intolerance.
Why Feed Horses Pea Protein?
Some forages are low in available protein due to a complicated interaction between nitrogen and sulphur levels in the soil. Many horses benefit from an increase in protein. Extra protein can help with lethargy problems and poor hoof and skin quality. Our whey protein enables you to target extra protein supplementation without including extra calories. Your horse can therefore continue to enjoy ad-lib hay without the added calorie concerns that feeding more concentrates would entail.
Pea protein for horses is great for anyone who wants to boost their horse’s protein intake with an easy-to-digest high quality protein, rich in essential amino acids. This is a vegetable sourced protein (which doesn’t include soya) that is milk and egg free.
Naturally contains 85.9% protein.
No added sugar
Provides 75 grams per 100 grams of products
Which horses will benefit from the addition of Pea Protein?
- Horses which are on a reduced hay ration due to needing to lose weight.
- Laminitis prone horses needing a very low sugar and starch protein source due to high sugar sensitivity.
- Older horses which are struggling to maintain top line.
- Horses which have access to low protein levels in the forage they are eating, this can be determined from a nutritional and mineral analysis of hay or haylage.
- Horses on a purely winter grass diet when protein levels can be low and contribute to hoof and skin issues.
- Horses with poor hoof wall connection and or cracks.
- Horse in heavy work.
- Young horses on a forage based diet which needs protein boosting.
- Pregnant or lactating mares on a forage based diet which needs protein boosting.