Horse Amino Acids and Protein
Providing horse amino acids and protein in high enough levels and of best quality is crucial for optimum health of equine skin, equine hooves, equine muscles and the horse’s whole body system.
Protein, made up of amino acids, is quite possibly the most important nutrient you can give your horse. Amino acids are the building blocks from which proteins and DNA are made and is succinctly referred to in the Nutrient Requirements of Horses 2007:
As a non-ruminant species there are 10 presumed essential amino acids for the horse: arginine, histidine, isoleucine, leucine, lysine, methionine, phenylalanine, threonine, tryptophan and valine. These amino acids cannot be synthesised by the body in sufficient quantities to meet the demand for them. All the necessary amino acids required for protein to be made must be present at the same time. One that is present in less than adequate amounts is referred to as a limiting amino acid because it will limit protein synthesis. The challenge in feeding horses is to provide adequate quantities of protein which will allow for sufficient concentrations of circulating amino acids in the blood that the body can draw on to synthesise tissues, enzymes, and hormones …..
Forageplus stocks a range of horse amino acids and protein to target supplementation for all equines to maintain health, strong growth in young stock and support breeding stock and horses which are in moderate to heavy work or needing to build muscle and topline.
Find out more about amino acids and protein here.
- Glutamine Plus Out of stock Out of Stock
- Essential Amino Acids From: £39.99 Information
- Whey Protein From: £27.50 Information
- L-Lysine – essential amino acid From: £19.26 Information
- Arginine Alpha Ketoglutarate (AAKG) From: £26.99 Information
- DL Methionine From: £8.40 Information
- Branch Chain Amino Acids From: £37.99 Information
- Acetyl-L-Carnitine From: £52.99 Information
- Alpha Lipoic Acid From: £18.49 Information
- Spirulina From: £26.99 Information